The City of Rochester, settled in 1817, is a full service community offering residents, visitors and businesses the highest quality municipal services. Rochester services include a full service local Police Department; Fire and EMS service, offering both basic and advanced life support transportation services; curbside trash removal and recycling; fully developed and natural setting parks; miles of passive recreation trailways; multi-purpose ball fields; a full-service Department of Public Works, including street sweeping and curbside leaf removal; election services; pet licensing; public water and sewer services; code compliance office; and full-service building inspections.
- CNN/Money Magazine recognized Rochester's excellent quality of life in 2009 by naming it as one of the Top 100 Best Places to Live. nt
- Rochester was also featured by U.S. News and World Report's "The Best Life" serious by Philip Moeller as being one of the "10 Best Places for Lifelong Learning." nt
- Rochester is just minutes from Oakland University,Rochester College, and Oakland Community College. There are over 26 other major colleges and universities in southeastern Michigan. n
- The City of Rochester features a historic, vibrant, and thriving downtown which has been recognized as one of the best in the State of Michigan and nationally. nt
- Honored by ICMA in 2010 with a "Voice of the People Award of Excellence" for have the highest service ratings for its citizens. nt
- Celebrated 20% population growth in the 2000 – 2010 U.S. Census. n
IDX provided courtesy of Realcomp II Ltd. via site owner and the originating MLS listed above, ©2018 Realcomp II Ltd. Shareholders. IDX information is provided exclusively for consumers' personal, noncommercial use and may not be used for any purpose other than to identify prospective properties consumers may be interested in purchasing. The accuracy of all information, regardless of source, is not guaranteed or warranted. All information should be independently verified.
Updated: 18th August, 2019 12:56 AM.